Have you ever been scrolling on Facebook and noticed either a blue or grey check on some business page profiles?
Those check marks mean that the business page has is verified. While a page with a blue checkmark means that particular Facebook page is confirmed to belong to a public figure, media company or brand; a grey checkmark indicates that specific Facebook page is established as an official page for a business/organization.
Am I required to verify my Facebook page?
While verifying your Facebook page isn’t a requirement, it only boosts your credibility in the eyes of your future customers or clients. Also, Facebook grants verified pages the gift of ranking higher in search lists (making your page easier to find). It also makes it easier to tell the difference from your page and a potential spam/copycat page which can make the removal of the fake page much more manageable.
So how do I verify my Facebook page?
It’s simple! As long as your page meets these few requirements, you can be on your way to the verified league. If you can answer yes to all of the questions below, then you’re ready to get verified:
- Are you an Admin of your business Page?
- Is the page published?
- Does the page have a profile picture and a cover photo?
- Is your page active with several posts and other content?
Now, on to the steps to get you verified
- Head over to the settings page from your business page.
- Click the General tab and then click page verification. (Note: you may already be on the general tab by default)
- Next, click verify this page.
You have two options on how to verify your page from this point:
- The documentation method: Attach one of the acceptable business documents listed and wait for Facebook to review them. It can take a few days but Facebook will notify you when the review is complete.
- The verify by phone method: To use this method, click verify this page with a phone number instead on the box that opened up after you clicked verify this page.
If you choose to verify my phone, enter in a publically listed phone number for your business, any applicable extensions, your country, and language; then click the Call Me Now button to have Facebook call you and give you a verification code. Enter the provided code on the screen and pat yourself on the back because you are now verified!
Note: verifying by phone won’t make your business phone number publically available on your page so if you will still need to ensure your business phone number is listed on your Facebook page.
Hold up! I don’t even see a verification option at all!
Keep in mind that Facebook does not allow verification for brand spanking new pages with little to no content. So if you didn’t see any of the things mentioned above, don’t sweat it – you need to post more relevant content to your page to prove that you are a legit page.
Need help coming up with great Facebook content that resonates with your audience? We can help! Contact us today to get help stepping your content game up.